The Short Hills Ski Club was founded in 1953 but it was not until July 1963, when the club purchased an old colonial-style farmhouse, with accompanying 160 +/- acres on both sides of Route 100, in Lower Granville, Vermont. The White River flows behind the farmhouse, now our lodge, which is situated on the east side of Route 100.
The farmhouse was transformed into a ski lodge through the hard work and dedication of the club’s members during the summer and fall of 1963. The cost of the renovation and furnishings was funded by interest-bearing notes sold to club members. Over the years since the summer of 1963 when the membership acted with such foresight, the club has extensively renovated and expanded the old farmhouse which now sleeps 46 persons.