Last updated: December 1, 2012.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does ShortHillsSkiClub.com Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does ShortHillsSkiClub.com Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Does Amazon.com Participate in the Safe Harbor Program?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
What Personal Information About Customers Does ShortHillsSkiClub.com Gather?
The information we learn from our members and potential members helps us to personalize and continually improve your club experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future site options and improving communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses ShortHillsSkiClub.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of ShortHillsSkiClub.com and on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you visit our site via mobile devices, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this contact your mobile provider.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from ShortHillsSkiClub.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists we received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please click through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personalized advertisements on our site and other Web sites and purchase information from our advertisers so we may collect our commisions.
Does ShortHillsSkiClub.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our Club members and potential club members is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and work only with 3rd party Web sites that have controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores and sell offerings to you at ShortHillsSkiClub.com. In other cases, we provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of ShortHillsSkiClub.com club members or prospective club members on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please contact us at advertising@ ShortHillsSkiClub.com
- Protection of ShortHillsSkiClub.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ShortHillsSkiClub.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. If you click through a third party link a cookie may be placed in your browser to tell the third party advertiser you came from our site, ShortHillsSkiClub.com. This information is used to pay the Short Hills Ski club a commission on any purchase that you may make while on the third party site.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such ShortHillsSkiClub.com features as Your Profile, Email and Account access.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit ShortHillsSkiClub.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Vermont. If you have any concern about privacy at ShortHillsSkiClub.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected club members.